Internal Student Organizations / Sports Clubs / Greek Organizations
Guidelines for Use of Trademarks
Please complete the Student Org Request Form for requests to use the trademarks and/or wordmarks of the university in projects or events.
*Pre-approval by the Office of Trademark and Licensing Services must be given for all custom designed products with the use of university protected word marks or logos. Use of a licensed vendor or manufacturer is required. Royalties generated from the sales of licensed products directly benefit the students at Ohio State by funding a variety of scholarships and programs.
More information about branding guidelines for student groups and sport clubs can be found here.
Ohio State Sport Club Team Request Form
Uniforms or competition required apparel is exempt from royalties for Sport Club Teams recognized through Ohio State University Rec-Sport Program.
All designs are to be submitted to Trademark and Licensing for approval.
Use of a licensed vendor is required unless prior authorization is given by Trademark and Licensing.
- Pre-approval by the Office of Trademark & Licensing Services for all custom designed products with the use of university protected word marks or logos.
- All requests should be submitted on a TLS Request for Use form with proposed product design.
- Proposed artwork should accompany request form either via fax or email as listed.
- Use of Ohio State licensed manufacturer/vendor for all student organization and sport club requests.
- Sold to general public
- Sold to members, family, friends
- Sold to faculty, staff & students
- Sold for fundraising within the department, school or student organization
- Use of any university word marks, logos
In these instances with use of university trademarks, the request would need to be fulfilled by a licensed company in the Ohio State Licensing Program with a royalty paid by the licensed company. Royalties generated from the sales of licensed products directly benefit the students at Ohio State by funding a variety of scholarships and programs.
- Implying endorsement, approval or underwriting of any organization, product, activity, service or contract by The Ohio State University.
- Alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, sexually explicit or religious graphics or descriptions, or unauthorized use of other trademarks is prohibited in conjunction with the university’s word marks or trademarks.
- University seal on letterhead, business cards or other identifying materials.
- Athletic Identity mark is restricted from use by all university entities except the Department of Athletics.
More information about Student Organizations and Sport Clubs can be found on the Ohio Union Student Organization Website